29 Dec Operations Manager
Family owned and operated since 1927, Guerry Lumber is seeking an Operations Manager for its millwork branch in Pooler.
Guerry Lumber offers a complete benefits package, including but not limited to: 401(k), paid time off and health insurance.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the operational efficiency of the company. This position will work in conjunction with the supervisory team as directed by the General Manager. The Operations Manager will monitor the quality of goods and services provided, as well as the process by which our facility operates from an on-time, complete and accurate perspective. This person will hold each supervisor accountable for functional improvement and address any deficiencies in operational process. The Operations Manager, in conjunction with the General Manager, will work with the Sales Team to ensure the internal operational effort meets the fair and reasonable commitments made to service our customers.
DUTIES: (this is just a snapshot; not full list)
- Lead team to meet company manufacturing and daily production goals.
- Generate and monitor daily production schedule.
- Check incoming and outgoing orders for accuracy and quality standards.
- Order stock materials and maintain appropriate company inventory levels.
- Ensure a safe working environment.
- Hire, train, and supervise mill shop staff
- Manage schedules and workflow to ensure a productive, safe, and cost-efficient operation.
Millwork Experience (Doors, Windows, Moulding, Trim): 2+ years REQUIRED
Production Management: 2 + years PREFERRED
Supervisory: 4+ years PREFERRED